Throughout the season, VPSC swimmers travel across the country for National, International and Championship level competitions. These trips would not be possible without our VPSC Chaperones. Chaperones are responsible for supporting our swimmers and coaches on these trips, and helping to plan travel arrangments, meals, transportation, and act as figure of authority and support for all our swimmers while on a travel meet.
Please see the Chaperone Guidelines above, which will go over the expectations of being a chaperone, some example meal plans, and tools to help plan travel meets and meals.
Please check out the link above for all upcoming travel meets and chaperone opportunities. If you are interested in taking on a chaperone role, please email the Lead Coach of the upcoming meet.
Preparing to be a Chaperone
We are so excited that you have decided to take on a chaperone role during the 2022-2023 season. Before taking off on one of the exciting VPSC trips with our swimmers and coaches, please complete the steps below:
1. Read through VPSC Chaperone Guidelines and reach out to the Lead Coach for the upcoming meet with any questions.
2. Set up a meeting with the coaches and other chaperones attending the meet.
3. Complete a "Volunteer - Criminal Record Check" and return to the Lead Coach of the meet.
4. Complete a Drivers Abstract through ICBC and return to the Lead Coach of the meet.
5. Send a scanned copy of the front and back of your Drivers License to the Lead Coach of the meet.
6. Fill out and Return the "Volunteer Driver Registration and Approval Form" and return to the Lead Coach of the meet.
Please reach out to the Lead Coach of the meet or Club Manager with any questions you may have, or if there is anything specific they may be needed for you to complete your chaperoning duties to the best of your abilities.